Monday, February 6, 2012

People Under The Stairs

     This is a group that has just recently been playing on my iPod, believe it or not. I have hundreds of gigabytes of underground rap and hip-hop on my computer, and I have had people tell me to check out People Under The Stairs, but I just recently got around to it. I cannot believe I have not heard these guys before, they are simply amazing and talented rappers. People Under The Stairs is a hip-hop group from L.A. formed in 1997 by rappers Double K and Thes One. They are the most successful fully independent hip-hop duo ever. They have self-managed and produced 7 full-length albums and countless singles and side projects. They boast a dead on hip-hop sound and vibe, along with talented lyricism and relevant topics.

     Some tracks to check out would be "Acid Raindrops", "Los Angeles Daze", "Youth Explosion", "San Francisco Knights", and"Montego Slay." I would tell you to download a specific album, but they are each equally amazing in their own unique way, download them all if you can. This group is very talented and are really at the core of what hip-hop is about. Check these dudes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment