Monday, February 6, 2012

Artist Review- Mac Miller

     It used to be Mac Miller, but these days I just refer to him as Whack Miller, because that is exactly what he has become. Mac Miller started out very promising for me, creating great hip-hop songs such as "Kool-Aid and Frozen Pizza" and "Nikes On My Feet." But his first studio album Blue Slide Park, has an entirely mainstream sound, which made me lose all respect for him. Considering the fact that he was still quite popular while making true hip-hop songs, he could have done a lot for the current state of rap in mainstream music, but instead he decided to make terrible mainstream music just to make a few extra bucks, and that dissapoints me very much. I hope he will realize that he should be making true hip-hop, and hopefully incorporate that into his next album or single, but it is unlikely.

K.I.D.S Mixtape Rating- 8.5/10
Best Day Ever Mixtape Rating- 8.3/10
Blue Slide Park Rating- 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment